Total Prep Time: 25 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 380
Serving Size: 238g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 110
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 12 g
|Saturated 3 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 70 mg
|Sodium 210 mg
|Carbohydrate 3 g
|Fiber 1 g
|Sugars 1 g
|Protein 41 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nothing tastes like summer quite like a meal fresh off the grill. Healthy, protein-rich, grilled ahi balances perfectly with bold fennel, cumin and lemon. Tomatoes and olives lend a hint of Niçoise flavor to the DOLE Kale Caesar™ Kit. Turn your salad into a summer meal worth sharing.
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh tuna steaks, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pkg. DOLE® Kale Caesar™ Kit
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced DOLE Red Onion
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat grill to medium high. Stir together fennel, cumin, and lemon peel. Press spices into all sides of tuna. Season with salt and pepper. Thread the tuna onto skewers; set aside.
- Combine salad kit ingredients together. Arrange salad on a platter.
- Stir together tomatoes, onion, olives, cilantro, olive oil, and lemon juice. Arrange over Caesar salad; set aside.
- Grill tuna 3 to 4 minutes, or until all sides are browned but remains pink in the center. Place the skewers right on top of the salad and serve.
Tip: You can grill tuna two ways. The first way is to cook the tuna over high heat for 4-5 minutes per side for a medium-rare result. Or cook the tuna over very high heat for 1-2 minutes per side which scars the outside of the fish while leaving it rare on the inside. Just don’t overcook the tuna, it is at its best rare or pink!