Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 680
Serving Size 379g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 390
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 43 g
|Saturated 0 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 0 mg
|Sodium 280 mg
|Carbohydrate 66 g
|Fiber 11 g
|Sugars 17 g
|Protein 12 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cooked quinoa (look for it with rice and other grains at your market), which has been a South American staple for thousands of years, has a nutty, earthy flavor, takes only about 15 minutes to prepare, and is one of the best sources of plant protein there is. Here, this supergrain is blended with sautéed shallot and shiitake mushrooms, sweet raisins and some of our Sweet and Sour Ginger Dressing to create a savory topping for our DOLE Very Veggie salad. Serve this nutritionally complete dish with some warmed whole-grain rolls.
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) DOLE® Very Veggie® Salad
- 1 can (11 oz.) DOLE Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or DOLE Green Onion
- Sweet and Sour Ginger Dressing (recipe below)
- 1 cup wonton strips or crisps, optional
- Combine salad, mandarin oranges, bean sprouts, almonds, sesame seed and chives, in large bowl.
- Toss with Sweet and Sour Ginger Dressing, to taste.Top with wonton strips. Refrigerate any remaining dressing.
Sweet and Sour Ginger Dressing: Whisk together 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger, 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard, 1 minced garlic clove and ground black pepper, to taste, until blended. Makes about 2/3 cup.