Get out of your salad rut!
Salads are one of the most versatile meals, but it’s still possible to get stuck in a rut. Here are our expert tips on how to add variety to your salad rotation.
- Head to the border. Our Boarder Ole Salad has a little bit of everything, including lean chicken and beans served alongside creamy avocado, savory olives, cool tomatoes and crisp iceberg.
- Get nutty with our Blackberry Salad with Avocados and Almonds. Six ingredients plus dressing and you’ve got a delicious salad with a hint of crunch.
- Combine two favorites – Nicoise and Caesar with our Tuna Caesar Salad.
- Enjoy it on a bun with our Shrimp Rolls with Lime-Scented Slaw.
- Shred it! Try a mix of cabbage and carrots in a summer slaw. Or even easier, try one of our Slawesome Kits: Fiesta Lime, Mango Sriracha, Smoky BBQ or Sweet Apple.
- Blend it. Our foolproof gazpacho is a mix of vegetable juice and our DOLE® Southwest Salad Kit is a delicious way to start a meal. Garnish with diced tomatoes, avocado and cilantro before eating.
- Embrace summer by layering stone fruit or berries on top of our salad kits for subtle sweetness. Our Summer Peach & Blueberry Salad is the perfect way to get fruity!
- Roll it into a delicious Thai Spring Roll! Salads take an interesting and fun to eat shape when you wrap them up!
- Go BBQ with adding broccoli to classic slaw mix. Top with a mix of your favorite BBQ sauce and apple cider vinegar for a quick side!
- Drink it! Just add a handful of spring greens, kale, romaine or spinach to your breakfast smoothie and feel good about tallying a serving of veg before 9am!
You’ll notice that our salads add crunch, texture and variety with small add-ons like tortilla chips, nuts, crispy noodles and cheese. With these toppers – portion control is key. We urge you to measure these so added fat is kept in check and doesn’t sabotage your good choices! Happy Salad Month!
Published May 1st