Total Prep Time: 0
Calories Per Serving: 270
Serving Size 194g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 60
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 7 g
|Saturated 0.5 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 25 mg
|Sodium 360 mg
|Carbohydrate 25 g
|Fiber 5 g
|Sugars 3 g
|Protein 26 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
You won’t have to call your kids twice when serving these tuna fish sandwiches. The sight of these little fishies will bring a smile to their faces, and the lovely lemony-chive flavors will not disappoint. The tender greens in DOLE® Butter Bliss Lettuce add just the right amount of sweet and crunch – a combination that every sandwich deserves. Perfect for entertaining as well.
- 8 thin whole-wheat bread slices
- 2 cans (6 oz.) albacore tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 bag (3 cups) DOLE® Butter Bliss Lettuce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper or thinly sliced DOLE Carrots for decoration, optional
- Cut four bread slices into heart shapes with 2-1/2-inch cookie cutters. Cut ½ inch off the tip of hearts; set aside. Cut 2-1/2-inch rounds from remaining bread slices with cookie cutter. Set bread shapes aside.
- Stir together tuna, mayonnaise, lemon peel, and chives. Spread a thin layer of tuna salad on top of all bread shapes. Top 2 hearts and 2 circles with DOLE Butter Bliss salad blend. Top with matching shapes, lightly pressing to secure. Use the circle sandwiches for the “body” and the heart sandwiches for the “tail”.
Decorate with red pepper or DOLE Carrot circles for eyes, bubbles and mouth, if desired.
Tip: These make perfect party food for kids. Double the recipe and arrange the eight sandwiches on a platter like a school of fish! Kids will love them.