Total Prep Time: 20 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 540
Serving Size 453g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 360
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 40 g
|Saturated 7 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 10 mg
|Sodium 490 mg
|Carbohydrate 44 g
|Fiber 14 g
|Sugars 10 g
|Protein 12 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This hearty blend of sweet romaine and spicy radicchio adds color to any meal. For a southern twist, pair with roasted corn, black beans and avocado.
- 1 large corn-on-the cob, husk removed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) DOLE® Italian Blend
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup drained canned black beans
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Mango Chipotle Dressing (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rub corn with oil and season with salt. Place on foil-lined pie plate and roast until corn starts to brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Cool; cut corn kernels off cob.
- Divide salad on 2 large plates. Arrange corn, tomato, avocado, black beans and onion on each salad. Toss with Mango Chipotle Dressing, to taste. Refrigerate leftovers.
Mango Chipotle Dressing:
Whisk together 1/4 cup each olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese, finely chopped fresh mango or thawed DOLE® Frozen Mango Chunks, 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise, 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 to 3 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, salt and ground black pepper, to taste.
Makes about 1 cup.