Total Prep Time: 10 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 530
Serving Size 458g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 160
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 18 g
|Saturated 2 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 0 mg
|Sodium 520 mg
|Carbohydrate 59 g
|Fiber 11 g
|Sugars 16 g
|Protein 12 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Celebrate summer with a wide range of deliciously fresh veggies. Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, cherry tomatoes and pearl onions join smoked tofu on the grill to make the perfect topping for DOLE® Chopped Sunflower Crunch Salad Kit.
- 1 cup cooked DOLE® Brussels Sprouts, cut in half
- 1 cup DOLE Cauliflower florets
- 1 cup DOLE Broccoli florets
- 2 cups cubed smoked tofu or seitan
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pickled pearl onions
- Marinade (recipe below)
- 1 head DOLE Romaine
- 1 pkg. DOLE Chopped Sunflower Crunch Kit
- Couscous with Dried Cherries and Nuts (recipe below)
- Blanch DOLE Brussels Sprouts, DOLE Cauliflower and DOLE Broccoli. Thread tofu on skewers alternating with blanched vegetables, cherry tomatoes, and pearl onions.
- Place the vegetable skewers in marinade.
- Cut DOLE Romaine into four pieces. Wrap the Romaine pieces with kitchen string and add to the marinade.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Grill the skewers and the lettuce for 3 minutes per side. Combine salad kit ingredients together. Divide the salad between four serving plates. Arrange skewers, couscous, and Romaine on each plate. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Couscous-with-Dried-Cherries-and-Nuts: Bring 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth to a boil. In a bowl, rub 2 tablespoons olive oil into 1 cup whole-wheat couscous with your fingers. Pour in the broth and blend. Set aside until broth is absorbed by the couscous. Toss couscous with 1/4 cup chopped dried cherries or currants and 2 tablespoons pine nuts.
Marinade: Whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger, 2 tablespoons orange juice, 2 tablespoons orange marmalade, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel, and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
Tip: Make plenty of the skewers and couscous -- they are perfect for tomorrow’s lunch!