Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 180
Serving Size 109g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 80
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 9 g
|Saturated 2 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 10 mg
|Sodium 470 mg
|Carbohydrate 20 g
|Fiber 2 g
|Sugars 4 g
|Protein 5 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
You’ll find a sublime combination of flavors in these small, savory pancakes. Rich cumin, spicy chile, rustic rosemary and goat cheese combine with baby spinach in a light and fluffy pancake. Top with our pear-lime relish for a flavorful finish. Serve these when you want to turn holiday brunch into something a little more distinctive.
- 1 cup self-rising 100% whole-grain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3 cups DOLE® Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced DOLE Green Onions
- 1 medium green chile, thinly sliced
- Pear-lime relish (see recipe below)
- Combine flour, baking powder, cumin and rosemary in large mixing bowl. Stir in egg whites, olive oil and milk until combined. Add DOLE Baby Spinach, goat cheese, green onions and chile.
- Spoon 1/8-cup batter into medium-hot nonstick pan. Cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned on each side. Keep warm until ready to serve. Stack three pancakes and top with pear-lime relish (recipe below).
Pear-Lime-Relish: Combine 1 cup chopped DOLE Pear, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro, 2 teaspoons lime juice, 1 teaspoon grated lime peel, 1 teaspoon chopped green chile pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Tip: These pancakes can be made a day ahead of time, then covered and refrigerated. Just before serving, reheat them in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes