Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 230
Serving Size 339g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 110
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 12 g
|Saturated 1.5 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 0 mg
|Sodium 20 mg
|Carbohydrate 28 g
|Fiber 8 g
|Sugars 11 g
|Protein 6 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This salad is a celebration of fall vegetables. Roasting the butternut squash and eggplant reveals ambrosial flavors that are enhanced by fresh, leafy romaine and tangy pomegranate. Serve this as a hearty side salad or a vegetarian main.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) DOLE® Leafy Romaine
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, roasted
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Eggplant-pomegranate sauce (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel skin off butternut squash, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut squash halves into thick wedges, about 1-1/2 inches. Arrange on baking sheet; spritz with olive oil spray and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake 25 minutes or until soft yet not mushy. Cool slightly.
- Toss butternut squash with DOLE Leafy Romaine salad blend and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and almonds. Spoon eggplant-pomegranate sauce over salad. Serve immediately.
Eggplant-Pomegranate Sauce: Roast eggplant in 425°F oven for 25 minutes or until it collapses. Scoop out flesh and mix with 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel, 1 teaspoon pomegranate syrup and 1 teaspoon chopped garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Tip: Make plenty of the eggplant-pomegranate sauce. It also makes a delicious and flavorful dip. Serve with chips, vegetables or pita.