Total Prep Time: 45 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 160
Serving Size 114g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 20
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 2 g
|Saturated 1.5 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 0 mg
|Sodium 20 mg
|Potassium 170 mg
|Carbohydrate 35 g
|Fiber 2 g
|Sugars 28 g
|Protein 2 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 5 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar, divided
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) DOLE® Raspberries, divided
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) DOLE Strawberries, hulled, halved and divided
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 container (9 oz.) frozen lite coconut whipped topping, thawed
- 2 DOLE Banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup DOLE Blackberries
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Using a 12-inch plate as a template, trace the perimeter with a pencil onto a sheet of parchment paper. Then, using a 9-inch plate as a template, trace the perimeter of the plate in the center of the 12-inch circle. Turn the parchment paper over (pencil side down) and place on large baking sheet; set aside.
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in large clean bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Increase speed to high and gradually add 1-1/4 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat well after each addition until sugar dissolves and whites stand in stiff, glossy peaks. Beat in vanilla extract to create your meringue.
- Shape the wreath: Using a large spoon, scoop a dollop of meringue, and drop it between the two circles. Repeat adding dollops until the circle is filled in. Use remaining meringue to create a second ring by dropping dollops on top of the first layer. With a small offset spatula or the back of a spoon, flatten the top layer of the meringue, to create a flat base for the berries.
- Place meringue circle in the oven and bake 2 hours. Turn oven off; let meringue sit in the oven for another 2 hours to dry.
- Prepare the Berry Sauce: Combine 2/3 cup raspberries and 1 cup strawberries in a food processor with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, pomegranate juice and lemon juice. Cover; blend until smooth. Strain the berry sauce through a sieve, removing the seeds. Discard seeds; set the sauce aside.
- Serve: Remove the meringue wreath from parchment paper using a thin knife or metal spatula and place it on serving plate, if desired. Spread coconut whipped topping on top of meringue. Arrange banana slices and remaining raspberries, strawberries and blackberries on top of the wreath. Serve with berry sauce.
Tip: Before whipping the egg whites, wash your mixing bowl and make sure it is very clean without any grease residue.
Tip: Wreath and sauce can be made up to three days in advance and assembled the last minute.