Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 360
Serving Size 186g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 180
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 20 g
|Saturated 5 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 15 mg
|Sodium 500 mg
|Carbohydrate 14 g
|Fiber 3 g
|Sugars 6 g
|Protein 10 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
With light cream cheese, tangy Feta and tart lemon, this spread is superb when layered over sweet beets, crisp crostini or any number of your favorite fo...ods. Here, it is topped on roasted red and golden beets for a combination of sweet and salty flavors. When it is added to a DOLE Kale Caesar™ Salad, it becomes the crown if not the glory.
- 1 large or 2 medium red beets
- 2 golden beets
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 slices baguette
- 1 pkg. DOLE® Kale Caesar Kit
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds or sunflower seeds
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roast beets 45 minutes or until tender. Peel and cut 1/4-inch slices.
- Combine feta, cream cheese, half the olive oil, vinegar, and lemon zest in blender or food processor. Cover; blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Stir together remaining olive oil and garlic. Brush both sides of baguette slices and grill or broil until toasted.
- Toss salad blend with Caesar dressing from salad kit. Divide between four serving plates. Place one grilled baguette slice on top of the salad and top with a fan of golden beet slices, one red beet slice and feta spread. Sprinkle with hemp seeds, croutons and shaved Parmesan from the salad kit. Season with salt and pepper.
Tip: All beets are full of natural sweetness, but roasting them really enhances the sweetness. To roast your own, trim off the greens (you can eat those too) and wash the beets. Rub with olive oil, sprinkle with coarse salt, and wrap in foil. Roast beets in a preheated oven at 350°F until tender. Roasting time will depend on the size of the beet - the bigger they are, the longer they will take - but plan on at least 45 minutes. Once they have cooked and then cooled, rub off the skin with a paper towel and slice, dice, wedge, or quarter them. Any way you serve them, you will love them!