Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 200
Serving Size 149g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 110
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 12 g
|Saturated 6 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 45 mg
|Sodium 320 mg
|Carbohydrate 18 g
|Fiber 3 g
|Sugars 3 g
|Protein 5 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This galette, a rustic type of French pie, is a delightful way to eat your vegetables. The flaxseed in the tender crust lends a hint of woodsy flavor, balancing perfectly with the smoky flavor of the sweet & savory DOLE® Chopped Sunflower Crunch Salad. A wonderful taste of France.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 6 tablespoons cold trans-fat free margarine, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup sliced DOLE® Onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pkg. DOLE Chopped Sunflower Crunch Salad Kit
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 plum tomato, cored and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 egg, beaten
Combine flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing with a fork after each addition until pastry is just moist enough to hold together. Shape pastry into ball. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in hot olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking onion for 8 minutes or until onion is tender. Add 2 1/2 cups of salad greens from kit along with the zucchini, thyme and remaining 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently until salad greens wilt. Stir in tomato and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Roll pastry dough on lightly floured piece of parchment paper. With floured rolling pin, roll pastry dough into a 12-inch round (about 1/8-inch thick). Slide the parchment paper with the pastry onto a large baking sheet. Spoon vegetable mixture into the center of pastry leaving a 2” border. Fold the edges of the pastry up and over the vegetable mixture, making pleats with the pastry as you fold. Brush pastry with beaten egg. Bake 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Toss remaining greens with the Sweet Onion and Citrus dressing from the salad kit while tart is baking. Top pastry with dressed salad. Sprinkle with sunflower seed and bacon packets from kit.
Tip: Parchment paper is a worthwhile investment for every kitchen. By rolling the pastry dough directly on the parchment paper you don’t have to worry about it sticking to your counter top or transferring the rolled out dough to your baking sheet. When you bake on parchment paper, clean- up is quick and easy!