Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 330
Serving Size 217g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 160
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 18 g
|Saturated 3.5 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 25 mg
|Sodium 960 mg
|Carbohydrate 27 g
|Fiber 6 g
|Sugars 4 g
|Protein 15 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Southwest cuisine is a fusion of Mexican, Spanish and Native American foods and cooking techniques, so why not fuse a little West Coast into that mix? The Caesar Salad, invented in California by Italian-American chef Caesar Cardini (who at one point had a restaurant in Mexico), is citrusy, cheesy and garlicky, so it works as a springboard for many flavors. In this case, salsa, corn, jalapeño and cilantro along with some chopped crispy baked chicken tenders turn a fresh salad into a refreshing, satisfying meal. Fabulous fusion in about 15 minutes!
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup corn (canned or frozen and defrosted, well drained)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- 6 ounces breaded cooked chicken tenders, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, lightly packed
- 1 pkg. DOLE® Ultimate Caesar Salad Kit
- Stir together beans, corn and jalapeno in small bowl. Mix chicken, salsa and cilantro in another small bowl.
- Combine all ingredients in salad kit except salad dressing in large bowl. Stir bean mixture into salad.
- Toss with dressing. Divide salad between 4 plates. Top each with chicken mixture.