Total Prep Time: 7 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 500
Serving Size 505g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 90
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 10 g
|Saturated 1 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 0 mg
|Sodium 1060 mg
|Carbohydrate 78 g
|Fiber 19 g
|Sugars 7 g
|Protein 30 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This hearty lentil soup is a meal in itself. Rich flavors of smoked paprika and cumin accent a puree of red lentils, sweet potatoes and DOLE® Baby Spinach. Garnish this soup with a dollop of sour cream, lime zest and cilantro.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large DOLE® onion, diced (1-1/4 cups)
- 3 DOLE Celery stalks, diced (1-1/4 cups)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups dried red lentils
- 1-1/2 cups diced sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) DOLE Baby Spinach
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add onion, lower heat, and cook 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Add celery and continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, red lentils, sweet potato, paprika and cumin. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until potato is cooked. Remove from heat.
Stir DOLE Baby Spinach into soup. With an immersion blender or food processor, blend soup until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with a spoonful of sour cream, lime peel and chopped cilantro on top!
Tip: Make plenty of this soup and freeze what you don’t use for a later date. Bring the soup to room temperature, uncovered, before placing it in the freezer or refrigerator. This is important because if you cover the soup and try to chill it while it is still hot, it will sour.