Total Prep Time: 5 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 340
Serving Size 282g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 45
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 5 g
|Saturated 1 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 5 mg
|Sodium 230 mg
|Carbohydrate 48 g
|Fiber 10 g
|Sugars 5 g
|Protein 15 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lentil “burgers” are a delicious alternative to meat. These burgers pack flavor and crunch thanks to the addition of DOLE® Chopped Chipotle & Cheddar salad. Seasoned with spicy chili powder, cumin and coriander, these burgers are nutritious and delicious.
- 2 cups cooked red or green lentils
- 1 cup cooked yam (approximately 1 large yam)
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 pkg. DOLE® Chopped Chipotle & Cheddar Salad Kit, divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 DOLE Avocado,sliced
- Process lentils in a food processor into a coarse puree. Mix with yams, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, 3 cups salad greens, ricotta cheese, flaxseed, chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic and salt.
- Form the mixture into 6 “burgers”. Press remaining breadcrumbs on both sides of the patties. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Spray both sides of the burgers with non-stick olive oil spray. Bake on non-stick baking sheet for 20 minutes, turning once.
Serve on remaining greens or sandwiched between whole-grain buns topped with remaining greens. Drizzle with Chipotle Ranch dressing from the salad kit. Top with DOLE Avocado slices and the kit’s shredded white cheddar cheese and cheddar tortilla strips.
Tip: Make plenty of these “burgers”. Wrap the extras patties individually and freeze. They travel well and reheat beautifully in the microwave the next day.