Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 280
Serving Size 283g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 80
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 9 g
|Saturated 2 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 5 mg
|Sodium 310 mg
|Carbohydrate 52 g
|Fiber 7 g
|Sugars 35 g
|Protein 5 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 slices multigrain, sprouted or seeded bread
- 1 DOLE® Organic Apple Dijon Salad Kit
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/8 cup dried currants
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 4 medium baking apples (e.g. Golden or Granny Smith)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut bread in 1/4 inch dices.
- Mix walnuts and cranberries from kit in a bowl with raisins, currants, and bread.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Add the apple juice mix and let stand 10 min for the bread to fully absorb the liquids.
- Hollow the inside of the apple with a melon baller or a spoon leaving ¼ to ½ inch thick walls.
- Fill the apples with the stuffing and bake for 20 min or until the apples are soft when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Combine greens and dressing from the kit in a bowl. Toss gently to coat. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Set apples in platter over greens. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese from the kit.
Note: Apples can be served hot or made ahead and served room temperature depending on your oven needs for the big day.