Total Prep Time: 30 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 140
Serving Size 69g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 40
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 4 g
|Saturated 0.5 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 0 mg
|Sodium 260 mg
|Carbohydrate 20 g
|Fiber 1 g
|Sugars 1 g
|Protein 5 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Simply put, bruschetta are an antipasto consisting of topped toasted bread, so clearly much depends on the topping. Rather than the standard basil and tomatoes, we’ve come up with bruschetta that raises the bar, yet is quick and easy to prepare. Just the right amount of minced garlic is sautéed and then we add our DOLE® Mediterranean Salad Blend, which brings together escarole, endive, radicchio and leaf lettuce (all greens with a lot of character), and cook until just wilted. Stir in some mozzarella, spoon onto toasted, garlicky bread and you’ve got an antipasto that tops them all.
- 7 garlic cloves, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) DOLE® Mediterranean Salad Blend, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf (21 to 24 inches long) Italian or French bread, diagonally cut into 18 to
- 22 slices and lightly grilled or toasted on both sides
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Chop 6 garlic cloves with salt until finely minced. Sauté garlic in 3 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add salad blend; cook, stirring 3 to 5 minutes or until salad blend starts to wilt. Season with pepper, to taste. Transfer to bowl with slotted spoon, removing any excess liquid; cool slightly. Stir in cheese.
- Cut remaining garlic clove in half. Rub toast on one side with garlic halves. Brush same side of toast lightly with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Spoon about a heaping tablespoon salad mixture on each slice of prepared toast. Garnish each with diced tomatoes