Total Prep Time: 9 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 240
Serving Size 157g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 100
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 11 g
|Saturated 3.5 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 15 mg
|Sodium 320 mg
|Carbohydrate 10 g
|Fiber 1 g
|Sugars 2 g
|Protein 6 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
It’s a celebration of the humble mushroom! So move over, meat burgers, there’s a new veggie-stuffed take on this American classic. Grilled crimini mushrooms sandwich gooey melted cheese and crunchy DOLE® Kale Caesar™ for a delicious finger food that’s perfect for parties.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- Salt, to taste
- 8 crimini mushrooms, approximately 3-1/2 inches wide
- 1 pkg. DOLE® Kale Caesar™ Kit
- 2 slices provolone cheese, approximately 2 oz.
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons corn relish
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, and salt; set aside.
- Clean mushrooms with damp paper towel. Remove stems; reserve stems for another use. Brush both sides of mushroom caps with olive oil mixture. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Crush crouton packet from salad kit with rolling pin. Toss salad greens with croutons and cheese packet; set aside. Cut provolone cheese slices in half.
- Preheat grill to low heat. Place mushrooms, stem-side down on grill. Cook 6 minutes. Turn mushrooms, stem-side up. Place provolone cheese in four caps. Continue cooking 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Place one mushroom cap on four plates.
- Toss salad greens with Caesar dressing from salad kit. Evenly divide salad mixture among mushroom caps. Top each mushroom cap with tomato slice and corn relish. Place remaining mushroom caps, stem-side down on top of each.
Tip: Can be picked up and eaten as a traditional burger or sandwich or eaten with a knife and fork.