Total Prep Time: 45 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 390
Serving Size 390g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 140
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 15 g
|Saturated 2 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 80 mg
|Sodium 910 mg
|Fiber 8 g
|Sugars 7 g
|Protein 43 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
A simple yet very flavorful dressing can elevate a salad from unremarkable to “I’m definitely posting this on Facebook,” and that’s the case with the Pineapple Wasabi Drizzle for our Chinese Chicken Salad. With only four ingredients, this sweet yet powerfully pungent dressing adds an exhilarating flavor layer to cool and crunchy chopped romaine, shredded chicken, snow peas, roasted peanuts, baby corn and a handful of fresh herbs and aromatics. If you like, add some crunchy noodles to the top and serve with hot or chilled oolong tea and hop quickly on a culinary slow boat to China.
- 1 pkg. (11 oz.) DOLE® Chopped Romaine
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup canned baby corn, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup snow peas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, blanched
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced DOLE Green Onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro or Italian parsley
- Toss together salad, chicken, baby corn, snow peas, peanuts, DOLE Green Onions and cilantro.
- Toss with Pineapple Wasabi Drizzle, to taste.
- Refrigerate any remaining dressing.
Pineapple-Wasabi-Drizzle-Dressing: Stir together 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup pineapple juice, 2 tablespoons Wasabi powder in small saucepan, bring to a boil. Combine 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in small bowl until smooth. Whisk into soy mixture and cook until thick; stirring constantly. Cool. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.