Total Prep Time: 20 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 300
Serving Size 193g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 70
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 8 g
|Saturated 1.5 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 5 mg
|Sodium 660 mg
|Carbohydrate 48 g
|Fiber 5 g
|Sugars 1 g
|Protein 12 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
A light and versatile tartine that sings with late-fall flavors. Butternut squash and DOLE Organic Spring Mix mingle with seasonal herbs and spices on whole-grain baguette slices. Serve these tartines as a colorful starter, or enjoy as a side or a snack.
- 1-1/2 cups cooked butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1-1/2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt, to taste
- 12 baguette slices, cut diagonally
- 1 pkg. (5 oz.) DOLE® Organic Spring Mix
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted, optional
- Parmesan chards
- Combine butternut squash, garlic, water, tahini, lemon juice, lemon peel, 2 tablespoons olive oil, cumin, cinnamon and thyme in food processor. Cover; blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt.
- Toast baguette slices under the broiler until lightly toasted.
- Spread butternut hummus over the bread slices. Toss the DOLE salad blend with remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste. Season to taste with salt. Divide salad between bread slices and top with hazelnuts and Parmesan chards.
Tip: These tartines make a perfect lunch or afternoon snack. Instead of baguettes, cut slices from a full-size whole-grain loaf of bread. Prepare the tartine with butternut squash hummus and a large pile of dressed DOLE Organic Spring Mix.