Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 470
Serving Size 194g
|Amount per serving
||Calories from fat: 70
||% Daily Value*
|Fat 8 g
|Saturated 0.5 g
|Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 0 mg
|Sodium 85 mg
|Carbohydrate 76 g
|Fiber 13 g
|Sugars 4 g
|Protein 15 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Grains are one of the newest and tastiest trends in breakfast fare. Whole-grain combinations such as wheat berries, farro, quinoa, and millet are nested in a bed of DOLE® Chopped Sesame Asian Kit for a gingery almond and dried fruit breakfast. For a kid-friendly option, press the grains into fun shaped cookie cutters. Top your shapely grains with dried fruits and sliced almonds.
- 2 cups cooked grains, such as wheat berries, farro, or quinoa
- 1/3 cup millet, cooked
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 DOLE® Chopped Sesame Asian Kit
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons dried cherries, dried apricot, or dried mango
- Combine grains, millet, and ginger with half the dressing from salad kit.
- Divide salad among four serving plates.
- Press grains into star-shaped or scalloped cookie cutters, nested in center of each salad. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and dried cherries. Remove cookie cutters before serving.
Tip: Cook the grains ahead and serve them warm, chilled, or at room temperature.