- 1 1/4 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup DOLE® Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped DOLE Onion
- 1 rib DOLE Celery, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup rolled or instant oatmeal
- 1 large egg or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 large plum tomato, slice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the turkey, spinach, carrots, onion, celery, oatmeal, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix with your hands to ensure the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. Transfer mixture to pan and shape into a dome-shaped loaf.
- Combine sugar and ketchup in a small bowl. Spread over top and sides of loaf. Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until meat thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf registers 160°F. Remover from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
Tip: FREEZE SOME FOR LATER
Double the recipe if you like and plan for leftovers by shaping half the mixture into a loaf shape, wrapping in aluminum foil and placing in a freezer bag. Label and date the bag and use within 1 month. to make the meatloaf, thaw overnight in the fridge, place in a prepared loaf pan, top with ketchup glaze and tomato, and bake as usual, adding an extra 10-15 minutes to the baking time if necessary.