10 health tips for every woman
Women! Before taking on daily life, before taking on the world, remember to take care of yourself. Whether it’s taking care of your children, your parents or business at the office, your personal health should take top priority every day. To be your best for those that count on you, you need to sustain your own well-being, energy and strength. Here are our top ten tips to keep in mind.
Fruit and Vegetable Bonus
- Break the Fast: Get your metabolism going in the morning by eating a healthy breakfast with a mix of protein and fiber such as low-fat yogurt and fruit or an egg white omelet with veggies. Our Coconut Acai Bowl delivers 10g protein and 12g fiber – wow!
- Keep Hydrated: Drink water and lots of it. Water helps manage hunger, prevents fatigue and keeps skin hydrated and looking fresh. Try floating sliced strawberries or pineapples in your water to keep flavors interesting throughout the day!
- Stretch It Out: Sneak in stretches throughout the day to boost circulation, ease back pain and help relieve stress.
- Be Prepared: Keep your blood sugar level steady with small healthy meals throughout the day. And think ahead by keeping protein packed snacks handy. Plan ahead by layering our Berried Treasure Yogurt Cups into mason jars for a protein- full grab and go snack.
- Get Moving: Aim for 30 minutes of exercise per day to boost your mood, strengthen your heart and bones, and keep energy levels high.
- Focus on Fiber: Eat a variety of whole grains, fruit and vegetables including berries, broccoli and bananas. Fiber helps fill you up, keeps you regular and is good for heart health. Our Lemon Ginger Stir Fry has 6g fiber per serving. Top off with grilled chicken or shrimp to add protein and variety!
- Avoid Convenience Pitfalls: Snack on whole, minimally processed or packaged foods that are naturally lower in sugar and salt. – Think unsalted nuts, whole fruits like bananas, and sliced veggies.
- Bone up: Include calcium packed foods in your diet to prevent bone density loss. Good sources are tofu, almonds, white beans and low-fat dairy. Our Power Punch Smoothie is a tasty and nutritious way to help support bone health.
- Pump Up the Iron: Boost iron stores by filling up on plant based, iron filled foods like lentils and almonds. Enhance your iron absorption by topping off an iron fortified cereal with vitamin C rich berries, with a little meal prep, Wake Up Oats are a tasty way to keep you full and energized. Later in the day our Sweet Apple Brussels and Lentils is a delicious way to bring vitamin C and iron together.
- Recharge: Set a sleep schedule and stick to a bedtime. Lack of sleep has been linked to several health problems including obesity.
: One study published in the American Psychological Association
found that women who enjoyed 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables a day had 23% lower risk of stress compared to women who had fewer servings. If that sounds overwhelming, try our Fruit Salad Smoothie
to get almost 2 full servings of 7 different fruits and vegetables – what a relief! Or lead your family to good health at mealtimes with our veggie packed Veggie Lasagna
or Spicy Sweet Chili in Tortilla Bowls