An easy to make Mother's Day recipe from Chef Mark Allison
Every year we celebrate Mother’s Day. A special day for the special women in our lives. A day to honor and recognize mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters and caregivers for the important role they play in our family. We use this day to thank and cherish them for their guidance, patience, love and care.
Mother's Day is celebrated all over the world with so much enthusiasm. We all have a different way in which to celebrate our loved one on this special day. While some people may gift flowers or chocolates to show how much they care, I like to get into the kitchen and make something she will appreciate and love. Try our Fresh Pineapple Tart and give the special woman in your life the gift of love made with your hands and heart.
Fresh Pineapple Tart
- Pastry for (9 to 10-inch) single crust pie
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 fresh DOLE® Tropical Gold® Pineapple, cut in wedges
- 1/4 cup apricot-pineapple preserves
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Fit pastry into 9 to 10-inch tart pan with removeable bottom, trim edges. Prick bottom and sides with fork.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat together cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and lemon peel in medium bowl until smooth. Spread mixture over cooled crust.
- Arrange pineapple wedges on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Combine preserves and water in small bowl. Evenly spread over pineapple. Chill 1 hour or longer. Garnish with mint leaves.
Published May 1, 2018