Winning Recipe for Dad
This month at Dole we’re giving dads a hand in the kitchen. Between the bustle of work and getting kids home from school, serving healthy and delicious meals for breakfast, lunch or dinner can be a challenge. Dad – even if your comfort zone is typically outside at the grill, check out these recipes inspired by Disney’s The Lion King. Worry free and easy enough for you to take over as King in the kitchen – sweet, savory or snack, we have you covered! Each of these recipes has 10 ingredients or less and requires no more than 30 minutes prep time.
Published June 1st
- Pride Lands Pancakes with Fruity Sauce – Feast on these fruity pancakes to make Sunday breakfast a meal to remember. If you have leftovers, no worries! Just wrap up in foil, throw in the fridge and pop in the toaster for a quick breakfast on a school day.
- Dole Beet ‘N Berry Smoothie – Trade in your green smoothie for one that’s a little different! This frozen combo of beets, greens, pineapples and berries can be made in no time to send everyone out the door with a glass of nutrition you can feel good about.
- Pride Lands Lentil Cucumber Salad – feel proud serving this pomegranate studded salad for lunch or dinner. Crumbled pita, savory almonds and filling beans gives your pride something to dig for when they eat! It’s also an excellent source of vitamins A and C.
- Nala Naan – Take your naan up a notch with berbere spice, an Ethiopian blend that can include up to 20 spices! It adds a warm, somewhat spicy richness to recipes. Studies show that herbs and spices get non-veggie eaters to eat more.
- Bountiful Quinoa Lentil Soup – Feed the family with plenty of leftovers to spare with this slow cooker soup that makes dinner a hassle free experience. Set it and forget it! A hefty 1 1/3 cup portion is an excellent source of fiber, vitamin C and a good source of iron.
- Simba-licious Slawesome! Salad – Pantry staple and family favorite peanut butter balances out the sweetness of juicy apples and grapes in this hearty salad. Kids will surely scarf this one down, with its hints of classic combo peanut butter and jelly.
- Dole Berry Banana Fro Whip– This dessert is the perfect ending to an evening meal and will have the whole family roaring for more. One serving provides about one serving of fruit, less than 90 calories and is a good source of fiber and vitamin B6.