It’s no secret that Prince Harry and his soon-to-be wife Meghan Markle love bananas. And why wouldn’t they! Bananas are the most popular fruit in the world and provide vitamin B-6, potassium, vitamin C and fiber. In honor of the couple’s upcoming wedding and their shared passion for bananas, our own Chef Mark Allison created a banana cake made for royalty. Whether you are planning a royal wedding viewing party or just looking for a healthier dessert, this gluten-free version is sure to please!
“I Do” Love Banana Cake – Gluten Free
Makes 12 servings
- 3 large very ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F and line an 8 inch cake tin pan with parchment paper.
- PLACE the bananas, eggs, oats, almond butter, maple syrup, baking soda, vanilla and salt into a blender. Then blend until you have a smooth batter, about 1 minute. Turn off the machine and fold the pecans and raisins into the mixture.
- SPOON the batter into prepared pan and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- ALLOW to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely, if you can’t wait, cut into the wedges while still warm and enjoy.
Nutrition Information - per 85g serving size – 200 Calories, 8g Fat, 6g Protein, 13g Sugar, 3g Fiber, 230mg Sodium; Percent Daily Values - Manganese 35%, Riboflavin 20%, Vitamin E 15%, Phosphorus 15%, Magnesium 15%, Potassium 9%, Vitamin B6 8%, Choline 8%, Zinc 8%
Published April 1, 2018