Sticky Rice with Bananas & Mangos
- 1-1/2 cups short grain rice
- 2 medium, ripe DOLE® Bananas, divided
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 mango, cut into cubes
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds or chopped peanuts (optional)
- Place rice in medium bowl. Pour in enough cold water to cover 1-inch over rice. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Drain rice. Rinse and drain rice several times with water.
- Combine drained rice and 1-3/4 cups water in medium saucepan. Bring to boil; stir rice occasionally. Cover; reduce heat and cook 10 minutes more or until liquid is absorbed.
- Mash 1 banana in large bowl. Add coconut milk, sugar, nutmeg and salt, if desired; stir until sugar dissolves completely. Stir in warm rice; let stand 10 minutes.
- Spoon into serving bowls and serve warm or at room temperature. Slice remaining banana. Arrange banana, mango and raspberries, if desired, on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds or peanuts, if desired.