Pineapple Sausage Stuffing
- 1 package (12 oz) pork sausage
- 1 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups chopped DOLE® Celery
- 1 cup chopped DOLE Onion
- 8 cups sliced sourdough bread, cut into cubes
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh DOLE Tropical Gold® Pineapple
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground sage or 2 tsp chopped fresh sage
- Crumble sausage into large skillet; cook over medium high heat until pork is completely browned. Drain sausage. Set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add celery and onion and cook about 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine together bread, cooked sausage, celery-onion mixture, pineapple, pecans, cranberries, parsley, oregano and sage in large bowl; mix well. Spoon into lightly greased 3-quart casserole dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray; cover.
- Bake at 375°F, 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Garnish with pineapple wedges or slices and fresh sage, if desired.
- Lighter variation: Reduce butter to 1/2 cup and increase chopped pineapple 2 cups.