Island Kabobs with Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 2 ripe, firm DOLE® Bananas, peeled, each cut into 6 pieces
- 1 ripe DOLE Banana, peeled and diced
- 12 chunks DOLE Tropical Gold® Pineapple
- 16 extra large or jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 green or red bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp chopped mint
- 1 DOLE Green Onion, minced
- 2 to 3 tsp minced jalapeño pepper
- Thread banana pieces, pineapple, shrimp and bell pepper pieces equally onto skewers.
- Whisk together lime juice, oil and allspice in small bowl. Brush 2 tablespoons over kabobs.
- Combine remaining marinade with diced banana, mango, mint, green onion and jalapeño pepper; place in a serving dish.
- Grill kabobs over medium high heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or until the shrimp are opaque.
- Arrange the kabobs on top of the salsa.