Fruity Chocolate Shortcake
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 medium DOLE® Bananas, mashed (2/3 cup)
- 3 Tbsp melted butter or margarine
- 3 cups DOLE Mangos, Bananas or Fresh Tropical Gold® Pineapple Chunks
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz) thawed whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Stir together biscuit mix, granulated sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in milk, bananas and melted butter until mixture is well combined.
- Pour batter into two 8-inch round cake pans, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool 5 minutes. Carefully remove cake from pans; cool on racks.
- Place one shortcake layer on serving plate. Stir together fresh fruit and brown sugar. Spread half of the whipped topping over cake layer. Spoon half of the fruit mixture over topping.
- Top with second cake layer. Repeat with remaining whipped topping and fruit. Serve or refrigerate up to 1 hour before serving.