Double Chocolate Banana Cookies
- 2 extra-ripe, large DOLE® Bananas
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cut bananas into quarters and place in blender or food processor. Cover; blend until mashed; measure 1 cup for recipe.
- Combine oats, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in large bowl until well mixed. Stir in bananas, egg and butter until blended. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate batter 1 hour or until mixture becomes partially firm. (Batter runs during baking if too soft.) Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F 10 to 15 minutes or until cookies are dry to the touch. Remove to wire rack to cool.