Banana Rice Bars With Almonds And Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 6 cups (10 oz.) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ripe DOLE® Banana, mashed
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 4 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips (optional)
- Melt butter and marshmallows in large saucepan, stirring until smooth. Stir in almond butter, almond extract and banana. Pour in cereals and almonds; stir until well coated.
- Press mixture into 13x9-inch baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and lightly press in. Chill until set. Cut into 16 bars. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.