Banana Protein-Pick-Me-Up Cakes
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/4 cup whole ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ripe DOLE® Bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cashews, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cherry-flavored cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together flour, sugar, protein powder, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Stir together eggs, applesauce, oil, bananas and vanilla in medium bowl. Stir applesauce mixture into dry ingredients, until just blended. Stir in cashews and cherries, until blended. Pour into 13x9-inch pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool. Cut into 15 (4x1-1/2-inch) bars.