Banana Peanut Butter And Raisin Scones
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Seedless Raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apple or pear
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ripe DOLE Bananas, well mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Ginger Cream Cheese (recipe below) optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line large baking sheets with parchment paper. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in food processor bowl. Pulse in butter and peanut butter until well blended. Pour peanut mixture into large bowl. Stir in raisins, walnuts and apples.
- Whisk together milk, bananas and egg in medium bowl. Pour milk mixture into peanut mixture; stir until just moistened.
- Spoon batter, about 1/3 cup each, onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with Ginger Cream Cheese, if desired.
Ginger Cream Cheese: Mix together 1 pkg. (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened and 2 tablespoons crystalized ginger, minced until blended, in small bowl.