Baked Banana and Pineapple Bites
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp dark rum
- 1/2 cup packed bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, lightly chopped
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 firm DOLE® Bananas, cut into 1-inch diagonal slices
- 1 quarter fresh DOLE Tropical Gold® Pineapple, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 15x10-inch jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together coconut milk and rum. In separate bowl, stir together bread crumbs, coconut, sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip banana and pineapple slices into coconut mixture; place on prepared pan. Top with bread crumb mixture. Drizzle butter over fruit. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until brown and crisp. Serve hot.
- Note: For Baked Banana Bites only – omit the pineapple and increase the bananas from 2 to 4, prepare as directed above.